Welcome to Amplified Advocates + Introduce Yourself

Naesthetycs
Visionary I

Amplified Advocates is a safe space where YOUR voice is amplified and can advocate for what YOU believe in.

Here at Amplified Advocates you can network, meet like-minded people, learn about issues of interest to you and have thought-provoking discussions. This is a safe space for you and the causes you care about! 

Amplified Advocates is a Group Hub under the brand Naesthetycs LLC by Nateya Taylor. Naesthetycs’ mission is to showcase aesthetic, authentic, activism through art with goals to empower, educate, and encourage Black voices and other marginalized groups. Learn more about Naesthetycs here: https://linktr.ee/naesthetycs 

Each week we will discuss a different issue/topic and action items for those topics. Members will have input on selecting the weekly topic through weekly polls.

Our first weekly topic discussion will begin the week of August 22nd, 2021 and the topic will be Colorism and Reverse Colorism | Does Reverse Colorism Exist? 

Going forward, remember, this is a safe space. Show everyone respect even if you have different opinions or beliefs. 

Introduce yourself in the comment section below and tell me a little bit about yourself. I look forward to having discussions with you all in the near future! 

8 REPLIES 8

Justice
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is absolutely amazing! I am so excited to be part of this group and looking forward to the weekly discussions! 

To introduce myself -- my name is Justice and I'm the co-founder of Révolutionnaire. I left my job as a management consultant in the middle of a pandemic to build Rév into the social network for changemakers with my sister @Nia and our incredible team because we were passionate about creating a safe space for young people and the causes they care about. I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada and did my undergrad years between New York and Reims, France. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the group 💕

Welcome Justice 😊 so happy to have you here! 

Stella
Visionary I

Hi! I'm Stella, i'm 17 and starting college this fall! I'm so grateful that you created this safe space. I'm really looking forward to the conversations here and meeting other people as well! I'll absolutely check back on the 22nd for the Colorism and Reverse Colorism topic because I have some pretty strong thoughts on that one! 💜

Welcome Stella! So happy to have you here. Congrats on starting college this fall. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Colorism & Reverse Colorism in the near future 😊

KamilleJ
Révolutionnaire Team Révolutionnaire Team
Révolutionnaire Team

Hey hey!! Happy to be here. I'm really interested in connected with more women of color to have honest conversations about our day-to-day experiences. Thank you @Naesthetycs for creating this group. Looking forward to tuning in frequently! 

Welcome Kamille! More conversations and safe spaces are needed for us women of color. I'm happy that I could create a space for us and I'm happy to have you here 😊

NathanW
Visionary I

Hey Im Nathan I go by Nate. I live in the UK and am passionate about racial equality and justice reform. Im excited to be here and join more conversations. Its great to see the new spaces and groups on the website. 

@NathanW Nice to meet you Nate! Happy to have you here and engage in conversations with you 😁