By Any Means Necessary: Trials and Tribulations of The Making of Malcolm X

HeatherH
Contributor II

The film "By Any Means Necessary: Trials and Tribulations of The Making of Malcolm X" do not entirely do justice to Malcolm X.   There is a scene in the film where a young white woman approaches  Malcolm and asks what she can do to help black cause. His response back was, "Nothing." Which can perceive has confusing or uncomfortable for a Caucasian viewer. As you know, autobiography movies don't tell the entire truth of that person's life. Only Malcolm's friends and surviving family know the true consciousness of Malcolm X. 

Ella Collins

Malcolm's oldest half-sister was known for her civil rights activism. Malcom described his sister as "The first proud black woman I had ever seen; I had never been so impressed with anybody." After Malcolm's assassination, Ella paid for his funeral and led his Organization of Afro-American Unity.

Earl Little Junior

The youngest brother completed his master's in social work and criminal justice in 1963. Earl initially intended to join his social activism, but Malcolm, his brother, advised him to finish school. He will never forget the brother who helped him get an education. In a New York Times interview, Earl declared, "Had it not been for the special family that helped me and raised me, I wouldn't be where I am today."

0 REPLIES 0