Community Help

audragabrielle
Contributor II

Hi everyone! My name is Audra and I am 22 years old. I live just outside of Toronto, in a town called Georgetown. 

I am currently working with one of my close friends and my community to try and crowd-fund for donations to put together basic necessity kits for houseless folks in Toronto and the GTA. As most of you may know, John Tory and the City of Toronto as a whole are currently committing human rights abuses against houseless and vulnerable folks in Toronto, which is despicable. 

Our goal is to assemble 100 kits, composed of items such as socks, toothbrushes, wet wipes and even deodorant. Being houseless is not a crime, and it is disgusting that so many politicians have felt that their responsibility to their people ends after a certain income bracket. 

The link to our GoFundMe is below, and even if you could share the link it would mean the absolute world to us. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/necessity-packs-for-the-gta?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campa... 

9 REPLIES 9

NathanW
Visionary I

Great initiative! Going to head to your go fund me now. I'm gonna do something similar in the UK when I go back to uni in the fall, there's so much devastation and homelessness especially since the pandemic and the homeless community is overlooked time and time again. Keep up the work you're doing

Thank you so much Nathan! I support your initiative 100%! Would love to chat with you about my experience(s) with mine after I conclude if you'd like! 

Absolutely! It would be great to talk about what worked for both of us in the past especially as I plan this next  outreach. Let me know how it goes in Toronto! Also, the link is taking me to navigate through instagram do you have a direct link to the go fund me? 

audragabrielle
Contributor II

Oh thank you for bringing that to my attention! This should be the correct link now 🙂 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/necessity-packs-for-the-gta?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campa...

Stella
Visionary I

This is amazing, I remember a friend of mine sent a video of what they were doing in Toronto with the police removing people from the encampments, it was so sad. I wish I was in Canada to be able to help more but happy to see the work you are doing. I will definently make a donation! 💛

Stella wow thank you so much for the international support! It's absolutely heartbreaking to see 😞

Justice
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hi Audra! Thank you for your leadership on this important initiative. I just donated and would love to keep in touch about your future initiatives. Feel free to send me a DM! 😊

KamilleJ
Révolutionnaire Team Révolutionnaire Team
Révolutionnaire Team

Hi Audra, this is really inspiring, thank you for sharing this I'll absolutely go to your GoFundMe and learn more.

Nia
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hi Audra, thank you so much for stepping up and leading this incredible initiative for Toronto's unhoused community. Just donated to the GoFundMe and happy to help in any way possible on this or future initiatives. @Lethan did something similar for his community in Houston. Lethan do you have any tips or best practices to share with Audra from your experiences with the projects that you've done?