Hot Takes & Unpopular Opinions

Stella
Visionary I

I thought it would be fun to exchange some hot takes & unpopular opinions! Comment yours below!!

11 REPLIES 11

blaizeexeter
Junior Editor Junior Editor
Junior Editor

omg yes! 

- travis scott is overrated 

- chad should've been captain of the wildcats

- nickelodeon should cancel spongebob

- dangerous woman > positions 

- mbdtf is overrated 

- speak now is taylor's best title track 

Cancel Spongebob? Why? 

idk if you're a stan or not but after the passing of stephen hillenburg nickelodeon is going against his wishes and creating multiple spinoffs. also they make spongebob and Patrick much dumber than they used to be in the earlier seasons. the comedy is just not where it was at its peak. fun fact: the show was actually supposed to end on multiple occasions (ex. the spongebob squarepants movie) but because the franchise pulls in so much money nickelodeon wouldn't allow it. lmao not me writing an entire thesis but coming from a longtime fan, it just needs to go. 

I wouldn't say I'm a stan, but the show has been a childhood favourite. You're right though, I do feel like they've been dragging it out and draining the 'true essence' from Spongebob. 

An exploration into the cultural implications of the intellectual decline of Spongebob Squarepants is a thesis I'd read, lol.

LMAO! Travis is overrated but MBDTF??  College Dropout and MBDTF were Kanye's best albums hands down.

it's not that the songs weren't excellent it's that i found the album as a whole to be boring. maybe it's my short attention span but an album with only 13 tracks shouldn't be almost 2h. after a while all the songs start to sound the same, especially when the same artists are on multiple tracks. again not saying the album doesn't have really good songs and top tier production, just that i feel we give it too much lol. OH and tcd is def my favourite along with tlop 

KamilleJ
Révolutionnaire Team Révolutionnaire Team
Révolutionnaire Team

Lil Baby’s Grammy performance was trash and the biggest commercialization of black pain since Two Distant Strangers.

Nah, Lil Baby is one of the best rappers of this generation. The performance was kinda cheesy but how else is an artist supposed to share their beliefs with their audience? He did what needed to be done to get the word out about the injustices against Black people

If we're talking about Lil Baby's Grammy performance, it's worth mentioning DaBaby's Rockstar performance at the BET Awards. Thoughts on whose was better? 

Performances embedded below for reference.

bella
Révolutionnaire Team

Agreed. Specifically when considering Kendrick Lamar's Grammy performances of the past. There is a way to address pain and for it to become an opportunity for healing & unity, rather than triggering. 

https://vimeo.com/312624323

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhCfQ8BGow8

carlyfaulkner1
Révolutionnaire Team

unpopular opinions:

-coffee is terrible

-chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla

-I rather watch a movie than listen to music

-there is always too much frosting on cupcakes

-autumn and winter are better than summer