The Verdict Of Kyle Rittenhouse: Moment of Reflection

Lperez
Révolutionnaire Team Révolutionnaire Team
Révolutionnaire Team

When it came to the final countdown of Kyle Rittenhouse's verdict, the world was on edge.

Are the families of the victims going to receive justice?

Are we going to finally see the justice system put on a fair trial?

Is there finally going to be a talk about gun reformation in our society?

In the end, we received the verdict: NOT GUILTY ON ALL ACCOUNTS

Through this we are still able to see the same injustices occurring time after time, its very much still black and white. There has been no change, even with the current issue of racial injustice in our very own justice system. Kyle Rittenhouse would've been charged with exactly five accounts ranging from, first-degree reckless homicide to two counts of first-degree reckless endangerment to two counts of first-degree intentional homicide. However he was also dismissed on two additional counts relating to his weapon. At the end, he was found not guilty on all accounts on the basis of self defense even after he shot two men and injured another. 

From this occurrence, you might be having mixed feelings or reactions? But at the end of day, we have to note that our justice system has let us down once again.

How many times is this going to continue to occur ?

How many times are we going to see a white supremacy get a pass in our justice system?

We as young individuals have the right to stand up for what is right, have the right to stand up against injustices, have the right to fuel revolutions, have the right to be a part of revolutions!

So please comment down below any thoughts or concerns based upon the final verdict!

-Leslie 

1 REPLY 1

NathanW
Visionary I

Thank you, Leslie. All I can say is that America keeps us guessing and it's like being on a constant rollercoaster. I am perpetually frustrated and anxious by the state of affairs and who can be deemed innocent. That being said, I am relieved by yesterday's verdict in the case of Ahmaud Arbery's killers. It's not justice, but it is accountability - and that's an important start.