Welcome + Introduce Yourself!

Révolutionnaire
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Révolutionnaire 👋! You can introduce yourself to the community in the comments below! Add your name, pronouns, causes of interest and a fun fact!

Here you can meet like-minded people looking to make a difference, learn about issues of interest to you, take action through our action library and petition hub, and recharge with our curated collection of mindfulness and self-care resources. Révolutionnaire is a space for you and the causes you care about! Here are a few quick tips to get you started 🏁

📝Check out the causes of interest - there are more to come soon

• Learn through the content library or post your own articles
    • Our library houses a variety of content including 101 Guides that break down issues and embed action items at the end of each article 
    • You can also head to the Action Library directly to find more action items and post your own
    • Through our petition hub, you can easily browse, sign, and create petitions 

🔗Connect with others in the lounge, idea exchange, and Q&A

📖Access our Resources for our Fundamentals of Organizing Hub and Project Playbooks to help get your ideas off the ground 

☁️Recharge Coming Soon: our collection of mindfulness and self-care resources designed for you 

62 REPLIES 62

And I've been struggling to read one for the past month😅

Me too! 🤦🏽‍

NathanW
Visionary I

Hey I'm Nate (He/Him) im interested in causes related to race and racial equity. Fun fact I grew up in the UK and moved to LA 2 years ago for uni. 

Hey Nate! Welcome to Révolutionnaire! 👋🏾☺️

Leah
Révolutionnaire Team Révolutionnaire Team
Révolutionnaire Team

Hey everyone! My name is Leah and I'm the Ops Director. I use she/her pronouns. My fun fact is that I sang in the high school choir that appeared in the finale of the show Crisis and was on stage with Dermot Mulroney. They filmed at my high school!

zoesolomon
Révolutionnaire Team

Hi Everyone! I'm Zoe (she/her). I grew up in Toronto and am Canadian and French. I've loved being part of the Housing and Food Security Team at Revolutionnaire. I'm really passionate about sustainability and the power of young people, and a fun fact about me is that I'll always be a summer camp counsellor at heart! 

Hi @zoesolomon ! It's nice to meet you. I'm going to be a counsellor at my camp for the first time this year! Any tips? 

zoesolomon
Révolutionnaire Team

Hi Stella! That's great to hear, best job ever! I have lots of tips, the top couple would be:

- Stay organized! Get yourself an agenda and a journal + sticky notes and keep them on hand always in your backpack. 

- Learn some "grout" games! These are games that you can play anywhere and with any camper -- whether they be hangman (if you carry a pen and paper), some 'never can tells' or some magic tricks! These keep campers engaged during in-between times

- Be confident and have a positive attitude! Believe in yourself and your abilities. Even though the job can get hard, appreciate how rewarding it is and all the special moments 🙂

Leah
Révolutionnaire Team

Totally agree with @zoesolomon - being a camp counselor is the best job you'll ever have so cherish it! Make sure you have a water bottle that you love, carry sunscreen that you're comfortable sharing with campers, and don't pass up an opportunity to just listen to a camper tell you about their life. Those moments are precious. Try to find moments for yourself to relax too - taking naps or just resting will help you keep up that counselor energy through the summer 🙂

@zoesolomon @Leah thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been so nervous and not really sure what to expect but im really excited! thanks for the tips 💙

EstellaW
Contributor II

Hey! I'm Estella! Pronouns are she/her. I'm really interested in environmentalism and my fun fact is that I once won an actual pie eating contest!! I'm so excited to be here and loving the community. 

Nia
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

❤️

ayanap
Révolutionnaire Team

Hey everyone! My name is Ayana Prewitt (she/her) and I am elated to be a Campus Ambassador. A fun fact about me is, I used to do competitive gymnastics for 8 years!

Lamarrius1
Révolutionnaire Team

Hey. My name is Lamar Danley. I am a junior Political Science major, African American Studies minor ! My pronouns are He/Him. A fun fact about me is I like too cook.

iman_davis
Révolutionnaire Team

Wassup everyone,  my name is Iman Davis, and my pronouns are he/him. I am a campus ambassador with Révolutionnaire, and a fun fact about me is that I know a bit of American sign language!!

jordynamya
Révolutionnaire Team

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Jordyn Clark, a Senior Supply chain major at Howard University! I'm happy to join the team and can't wait to meet and work with everyone! As far as causes go, I'm interested in them all and I'm always open to learning about something new! I find great interest in sustainable fashion and general environmentalism and the plethora of intersections it's faced with. 

One fun fact about me is I've walked on the Great Wall of China ! 

Alexiasymone_
Révolutionnaire Team

Hey everyone! My name is Alexia Harris and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I am ecstatic about being a Campus Ambassador. I am interested in all of the causes, but I especially love researching about mental health. I am extremely excited to be working with Revolutionaries this semester! Fun Fact: I also have a YouTube channel named Alexia Symone! 😀

Shamona
Visionary I

Hello, I'm Shamona 😁(she/her) and I am currently the Community Coordinator. I am interested in conquering all social justice issues. Moreover, I've set my sights on tackling some here, in St.Vincent and the Grenadines, through agricultural projects. I am super excited to be on board to work with like-minded changemakers like you!

Shamona
Visionary I

Hello, I'm Shamona😁 (she/her), currently the Community Coordinator. I am interested in conquering all social justice issues. Moreover, I've set my sights on some here, in St.Vincent and the Grenadines, where I would carry out agricultural and mental health projects. I am super excited to be on board to work with like-minded changemakers like you!

TCGM
Contributor II

Hello Everyone! My name is Candicia from Toronto Curly Girl Meetup. My pronouns are she/her and here at TCGM, we advocate for curly hair education and creating a safe space for individuals to talk and express their curly hair. A fun fact about me is that I love to sing!

Diana7
Contributor I

Hi, my name is Diana Thibodeau (she/her) and at 61 years young I am so impressed with this platform and that your generation is so passionate about making a difference in this world of ours. I am looking to use my property as a template for my neighbours to help take back our ecosystem. I back onto a creek with a lot of invasive plants, some toxic, as so I am planning to transition to native and naturalized plants and where we back onto the creek, plants that will help overtake the invasives.

When I read about this platform in The Kit magazine I was thrilled to find a resource where I can get and share ideas as I've started to think bigger... once I get the 'package' together to help my neighbours, my long range dream is to expand to city wide... then province and beyond!

I had planned to create an account later, when I was further along as right now I'm at the dreaming stage.. plans to be developed soon. But today, after watching the free seminars in The Best Year of Your Life Summit, I wanted to let you know about it. Day 1 was today and you might be interested in Justin Michael Williams, a young man I found quite inspiring. His topic is: Creating a Vision and Why Vision Boards Don't Work. They are still accepting registrations if you are interested... they do try to upsell but I'm continuing with the free version which just means I only have access to the video seminars for 48 hours. That works for me in that I can't procrastinate 😁

Wishing you Awesome Humans a wonderful day/evening/morning,

Diana

HeatherH
Contributor II

Hello Everyone; my name is Heather Hackett! My pronouns are she/her. I am the new social media manager for Révolutionnaire and am happy to be part of the change-making community. I have a strong passion for digital storytelling for causes; I believe there is a  valuable message behind every story and that all voices should be heard. A fun fact about me, my parents are Jamaican, and I have never been to Jamaica.  

Let's connect virtually or in person; I am super excited to connect with members of this community. If there are any causes of interest you would like me to write a blog about. Please feel free to reply to this post or email me at contact@revolutionnaire.co 

minapisan
Contributor III

Hi everyone, my name is Mina Pisan, and my pronouns are she/her and they/them. There are a range of causes that I care about, but one that I have focused on recently is criminal justice reform. One fun fact about me is that my favorite genres of music are shoe gaze and dream pop!