Welcome + Introduce Yourself!

Rรฉvolutionnaire
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Rรฉvolutionnaire ๐Ÿ‘‹! You can introduce yourself to the community in the comments below! Add your name, pronouns, causes of interest and a fun fact! โœจ

Here you can meet like-minded people looking to make a difference, learn about issues of interest to you, take action through our action library and petition hub, and recharge with our curated collection of mindfulness and self-care resources. Rรฉvolutionnaire is a space for you and the causes you care about! Here are a few quick tips to get you started ๐Ÿ

๐Ÿ“Check out the causes of interest - there are more to come soon

• Learn through the content library or post your own articles
    • Our library houses a variety of content including 101 Guides that break down issues and embed action items at the end of each article 
    • You can also head to the Action Library directly to find more action items and post your own
    • Through our petition hub, you can easily browse, sign, and create petitions 

๐Ÿ”—Connect with others in the lounge, idea exchange, and Q&A

๐Ÿ“–Access our Resources for our Fundamentals of Organizing Hub and Project Playbooks to help get your ideas off the ground 

โ˜๏ธRecharge Coming Soon: our collection of mindfulness and self-care resources designed for you 

62 REPLIES 62

carlyfaulkner1
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team Rรฉvolutionnaire Team
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hey everyone my name is Carly Faulkner! My pronouns are she/her and I am currently apart of the criminal justice reform team. A fun fact about me is that I have been a vegetarian since I was 15 years old!

mofe_boyo
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hi! My name is Mofe and my pronouns are she/her.  I am apart of the racial equity team and a fun fact about me is that once I recited 50 digits of pi from memory to win a gift cards!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!! My name is Sarah (she/her) and I'm just getting started on the criminal justice reform team. My fun fact is that when I interned at a chamber music festival one summer, I took part in a performance of Gyรถrgy Ligeti's "Poรจme Symphonique for 100 metronomes". It's a composition that is for sure performance art, where it is just 100 metronomes set up on stage ticking until they stop. 

100 metronomes! That sounds rally interesting! Were they ticking in the same time signature or were they creating a cool beat? 

maya_simmons
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hi everyone! My name is Maya Simmons, my pronouns are she/her, and I'm a member of the racial equity team. A fun fact about me is that I took tap dance lessons for 6 years as a kid ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Nia
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hi! I'm Nia (she/her) and I co-founded Rรฉvolutionnaire with my sister @Justice! A fun fact about me is that I've been a ballerina for almost a decade and originally founded the Rรฉvolutionnaire Shop as a dance wear brand catering to dancers of color! ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽโœจ

Kalee26
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hi everyone!โœจ Iโ€™m Kalee (she/her) and Iโ€™m currently apart of the Racial Equity team. A fun fact about me is that Iโ€™ve been writing pretty much my whole life. Short stories and poetry are my favorite! 

blaizeexeter
Junior Editor Junior Editor
Junior Editor

hey everyone! my name is blaize exeter + my pronouns are she/her. i'm the junior editor and a fun fact about me is that i've been an ariana grande stan for almost a decade ๐Ÿฅณ

Chavezs
Contributor III

Hi everyone! My name is Sam Chavez (she/her). I just founded a company, Knurdology, to help improve progressive candidates' and activists' marketing and communications. I am passionate about social justice, anti-racism, and the climate crisis and I hope to use my marketing skills to support those on the front lines. Fun fact, I have traveled to every continent (minus Antarctica!) before my 30th birthday. I can't wait to travel again!   

Hi Sam! Welcome to Rรฉvolutionnaire ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ
Knurdology sounds amazing - will definitely check it out! It is super cool that youโ€™ve travelled to almost every continent! Do you have a fave place that youโ€™ve visited?

Chavezs
Contributor III

Thanks, Nia! That's a really tough question. There are too many beautiful places in this world. I would have to say Kenya and New Zealand. Both were life-changing in different ways. New Zealand was beautiful, while for Kenya it was the beauty of the people. 

You can check out Knurdology here: https://knurdology.substack.com/

Hey Sam! Welcome to Rรฉvolutionnaire. We're so glad to have you in the community. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on some of the topics over in our racial equity and environmentalism cause hubs. 

Justice
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hi Everyone!! My name is Justice and my pronouns are she/her. I co-founded Rรฉvolutionnaire with my sister @Nia !! I am passionate about all the causes on Rรฉvolutionnaire and looking forward to expanding to more. A fun fact about me is that I've literally been talking about the power of dreams since I was 5 -- #DreamsFuelRevolutions 

Thank you for joining this community. Looking forward to connecting with you soon! Xx 

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’ซ

Havillyn
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hey everyone! My name is Havillyn Felder and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I am a part of the Environmentalism Team. A fun fact about me is that I have traveled to every continent except for Antarctica.

Wow Havillyn! That's incredible. I've heard Antarctica is beautiful btw โ„๏ธ

I'm planning my first vacation with my family since the start of the pandemic. Do you have any recommendations of good travel destinations for the whole family? 

brandonb
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hey y'all! My name is Brandon Bush (He/They). I currently am the Head of Social Media and Community Engagement for Rรฉvolutionnaire and I'm so excited to be here!

Hello hello!! ๐ŸŽ‰

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐ŸคŽโœจ

john24
Contributor III

I'm John, my causes of interest are environmentalism, racial equity, and gun reform. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here. 

Welcome to the community John!

Hi John! Welcome to Rรฉvolutionnaire! Sounds like you would really enjoy the Learn and Action sections of our Environmentalism, Racial Equity, and Gun Reform cause hubs! You can check them out by clicking "Causes" on the top menu. ๐ŸคŽ

Kara
Moderator Moderator

Hi everyone! I'm Kara (she/her), and I'm also the moderator, so if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.  Fun fact about me ๐Ÿค”...I'm a sucker for artisanal soaps and scented candles!๐Ÿ˜

Zoe
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hiii! My name is Zoรซ (she/her) and I'm a team lead on the Racial Equity team! A fun fact: I always have at least one foster dog at my house ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Zoรซ! Glad to have you on the team ๐Ÿ˜Š

habma98
Contributor I

Hi my name is Hayley Abma. My pronouns are she/her. I'm really interested in criminal justice reform, and have a special interest in youth justice. Fun fact is that I had a cat name Muffin!

Hi Hayley! Welcome to Rรฉvolutionnaire ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ Be sure to check out the Criminal Justice Reform cause hub for articles and action guides on Criminal Justice Reform! Also love that you named your cat Muffin, that's so cute!! ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜บ

Hi Hayley! Welcome to the community! Great to hear about your interest in youth justice. Would love to hear your thoughts about what we have in the   hub and feel free to consider posting your own content too. Feel free to DM me if you have any q's! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hailey_Hechtman
Contributor I

Hello Everyone

My name is Hailey Hechtman. My pronouns are she/her. I am very interested in mental health, youth justice, inclusion and accessibility. A fun fact about me is that 10 years ago I began my health journey, losing over 100 pounds, falling in love with nutrition, fitness and self-care.

Hi Hailey!! So excited to see you on here! We're such big fans of all the incredible work you're leading at Causeway !

Hi @Hailey_Hechtman Welcome to Rรฉvolutionnaire!! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพโœจ

corinnedorsey
Editor-in-Chief Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

Hi Everyone! My name is Corinne Dorsey. My pronouns are she/her. I am currently the Editor in Chief for Rรฉvolutionnaire and I am super excited to be a a part of the team. A random fact about me is that I can't ride a bike... yikes, I know lol. 

Okay...I see your bicycle admission and raise you 1 -- I can't tie my shoelaces ๐Ÿ™ˆ

It's true... I've tried to teach @Justice how to tie her shoes several times ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@corinnedorsey @Justice Have you ever tried learning online? There might be some YouTube videos that can help!

Jessica
Rรฉvolutionnaire Team

Hey everyone! My name is Jessica Mapila and I am so excited to be working with the racial equity team. My preferred pronouns are she/her. A fun fact about me is I try to read around 2-3 books a week! 

Um!! 2-3 books a week!! Drop recs please!! 

!!!!